October 16th, 2012
National Geographic’s American West Exhibitions
National Geographic photographers, like Edward Curtis, William Henry Jackson, and Ansel Adams traveled the West over decades documenting the unique and colorful culture and landscape that built the foundation of America. National Geographic Greatest Photographs of the American West, which assembles a handpicked selection of rare and amazing images spanning 125 years, will open in 10 museums across the country – a first in exhibition history.
Participating museums include:
• Booth Western Art Museum
• Buffalo Bill Historical Center
• Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art
• Gilcrease Museum, Tulsa
• National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum
• National Geographic Museum
• National Museum of Wildlife Art
• Rockwell Museum of Western Art
• C.M. Russell Museum
• Stark Museum of Art
This exhibition opens October 27th in venues nationwide.