Join an Affinity Group
Affinity Groups allow individuals an insider opportunity to learn from and build relationships with Aperture’s esteemed editors and artists, while supporting photography and publications on a deeper level.
Membership in any Affinity Group is by invitation. For more information, please call 212-946-7108/7146 or email [email protected]
$300 for two people
President: Ellie Hayworth
Aperture’s Connect Council is an affiliate group of young photography and photobook enthusiasts, ages twenty-one to forty.
- An annual art-themed day trip in the tristate area
- Invitations to select contemporary art fairs
- Invitations to members-only in-person and online events with editors and artists
- An invitation to cohost and join the committee of one annual Connect Council Party
- One complimentary issue of Aperture magazine
- A dedicated biannual e-newsletter highlighting photography events and exhibitions in New York
- 30% off Aperture publications (some exceptions apply)
- 20% discount on an annual subscription to Aperture magazine
- Specially priced tickets to benefit parties
$5,000 Sustaining Member
The Artist Book Committee (ABC) is a group of patrons united by a commitment to the photobook’s evolving contribution to the photographic medium; a belief in its importance to contemporary photographic practice; and an interest in providing support for the creation of new books.
ABC participation is by invitation only and limited to a small group of individuals. Members of ABC will help facilitate the publication of books that do not otherwise have an obvious means of support. Annual dues will be allocated to a restricted fund to support the production and publication of new work. In-person or online meeting attendance is required at one committee meeting per year.
- Acknowledgment in select books, according to level of contribution
- One complimentary special edition of supported photobooks, in addition to one trade copy
- Invitations to conversations and events with participating artists, editors, authors, and other members of the photobook community
- Direct engagement in the dialogue around making artist books possible
The mission of Aperture magazine, since its founding by Minor White and his colleagues in 1952, has been to promote appreciation of and serious discussion about the advancement of photography. The magazine is also a central point of connection with lens-based artists whose voices Aperture strives to amplify. At the cutting edge of contemporary ideas, Aperture magazine offers a platform to artists who push the boundaries of the medium. It is required reading for anyone interested in new directions in photography.
Members of the Magazine Council play a critical role in sustaining the excellence of Aperture magazine, an award-winning quarterly publication of photography and ideas.
- Invitations to celebrations with artists, editors, and writers as each issue is launched
- Complimentary subscription to Aperture magazine
- Leadership credit on the masthead page of each issue
- Prime advertising opportunities at special partner rates
- Credit on press releases distributed to an extensive list of major consumer and photography-specific media outlets