- Adam Pape, Untitled, 2018 © Adam Pape
- Bryan Thomas, Larry and Laron, 2019 © Bryan Thomas
- Michele Sibiloni, Untitled, 2017 © Michele Sibiloni
- Hal Wilsdon, It's Milk, 2018 © Hal Wilsdon
- Rose Marie Cromwell, Untitled, 2019 © Rose Marie Cromwell
- Délio Jasse, Algures, 2019 © Délio Jasse
- Leonard Suryajaya, Feminine Conference, 2018 © Leonard Suryajaya
- Esther Hovers, False Positives, 2016 © Esther Hovers
- Rydel Cerezo, Holy Holy, 2019 © Rydel Cerezo
- Sara Abbaspour, Untitled, 2019 © Sara Abbaspour
- Josh Schaedel, Peacock & Cat, 2018 © Josh Schaedel
Thursday, July 25, 7:00–8:30 p.m.
Aperture Gallery Hours:
10:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
The twenty-three artists selected for Aperture’s 2019 Summer Open exhibition, Delirious Cities, explore how photographs can define the diversity of urban experience today. The Summer Open is curated by Brendan Embser, managing editor, Aperture magazine; Matthew Leifheit, artist and editor of MATTE magazine; Chiara Bardelli Nonino, photo editor, Vogue Italia and L’Uomo Vogue; Azu Nwagbogu, director of African Artists’ Foundation and LagosPhoto; and Guadalupe Rosales, artist and founder of Veteranas & Rucas and Map Pointz.
Sara Abbaspour / Laura Barron / Rydel Cerezo / Alex Huanfa Cheng / Rose Marie Cromwell / Esther Hovers / Mateo Gómez García / Délio Jasse / Lilly Lulay / Noritaka Minami / Alice Quaresma / Adam Pape / Carlo Rusca / Josh Schaedel / Michele Sibiloni / Chanell Stone / Leonard Suryajaya / Dustin Thierry / Bryan Thomas / Sally Tosti / Shelli Weiler / Yana Wernicke / Hal Wilsdon
About the Aperture Summer Open
The Aperture Summer Open is an annual open-submission exhibition at Aperture Foundation’s gallery in New York, featuring a wide variety of work by photographers and lens-based artists from around the world. Selected by a jury of leading editors, curators, and writers, the exhibition seeks to reveal and report on key themes and trends driving contemporary photography. The exhibition opens the doors to photographers of all ages, at all points in their careers, as we seek to promote new ideas and talent.
Special thanks to Aperture’s Summer Open partner Adobe for gifting a one-year subscription to the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan for 2019 Featured Artists.
Aperture Foundation’s public programs and exhibitions are supported, in part, by generous donations from our Board of Trustees, our Members and other individuals, private foundations including the Grace Jones Richardson Trust, and public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.